Father's Day Frame and 1 Year Blogiversary - A Bit Belated

Ok, so those of you who have forgotten a family or friend's birthday or anniversary might relate. But those few of you who have forgotten your own anniversary, can really relate. I FORGOT my own BLOGIVERSARY! With so much going on right now it slipped right by. I should have posted this celebration last Sunday, June 9th. Sorry for the delay.


In celebration, I want to share with you a quick, last minute Father's Day craft. This Washi Tape Frame.

This is great for those rolls of washi tape you have been collecting, or to try it for the first time.

Supplies:
Chosen picture with same size paper mache or wooden frame
Washi Tape - I used 3 different prints
1" cube of polymer clay
Scrap of heavy card stock - can use tags, or artist trading cards
Select scrapbook embellishments, stamps and ink
E6000 glue

First, prime your clay and shape it into a heart, press stamps into the heart of the kids names or initials. I had hoped to use their thumb prints, but this clay doesn't take on the print only the shape of the thumb. Oh well,I liked the initials, too. Bake as directed, and cool.

Cute, Huh?

While baking, apply washi tape to the frame as I showed in my My 1st Attempt at Washi Tape. Although, note, this project went much better than that one. Use the directions for modpodge if desired for the wooden frame. For this project, I used a paper mache frame, and the tape stuck well enough. So the modpodge was not needed.

Space out where you want to apply your embellishments, leaving space for the clay heart. I used miniature letter stamps for both my quote and kids initials in the clay. I suggest you glue everything on even if they are stickers. You know how rough Hubby can be handling things. And, you want this to be sturdy enough to sit on his desk :)

Note: the frame labeled "Papa" is for Grandpa, that's their nickname for him. I couldn't find a sticker for that, so I printed the name, and traced the shape of the "Father" sticker onto scrapbook paper and onto the same cardstock as the quote. I then used foam tape to stick together with a bit of dimension. If I had more time, I would have laminated them, but this was a last minute gift, of course. 

Insert your picture and it's done. In just an hour or so, too! Well, not including drying time for the glue - it needs about 24 hours. You could speed it up by using tacky glue or hot glue.

Be sure to add a big hug and kiss from everyone when he opens it - and have a Happy Father's Day!



Comments

  1. These are adorable! And, yes, the hearts are so cute! Thanks for sharing. :-)
    His blessings,
    Kim @ Curtain Queen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts