Here we go . . .

Welcome! As my introductory post, I'll give you a sneak peek into my head (watch out for cobwebs) and what I have planned for this blog. I definitely have specific ideas for what this blog will be, but, beware, I will change my mind, and then change my other mind, again, and again. Just so you are prepared.

What inspired me to start this is all of the super cool DIY ideas I have found through Pinterest. Yes, in know how corny that sounds. But it really opened my world to all of the awesome websites and blogs out there and the vast amount of incredible ideas being shared. If you are like me, you are a bit overwhelmed at times. So, why would I want to make another blog to "compete" with all of the rest? Well, not so much to compete as to express my own ideas and give my creations a purpose. Yes, a purpose. Most of what you will see here will be crafts. Some will be for my own or my family's enjoyment. But, sometimes I need to make something for the pure joy of creating it and I have no purpose for it afterward. So, then I plan to post it for sale, and this blog gives me a venue to do that.

Ok, so what will you find here? I love all kinds of crafts, and you will see that. But, the one hobby I have stuck with for the past *ahem* 30 years, is crochet. So, expect to see a lot of crochet projects. A combination of my own designs and creations from patterns, along with some of the wonderful works I find out there to share with you. You will see some sewing since I have been dabbling with that recently. And, I already have plans to recreate things from Pinterest like refinishing some furniture pieces, holiday gift ideas, home decor, recipes, and crafts for kids (some for at home and some for teachers, since I work as a pre-k assistant for my "real" job) and who knows what else. I'm sure my husband is thrilled that this how I will be spending my summer and then weekends during the school year!

Which leads me to another subject you see me comment on, family life. With a loving husband, three beautiful kids, two adorable dogs, and a bird (who is more annyoying than loveable), there is plenty going on around here. And, I know I won't be able to resist sharing it with you.

So, that in a nutshell is my plan. . . for now Hope you enjoy. Please contact me anytime with your thoughts and ideas. I'd also love it, if you want to contribute to this blog. The more the merrier. So sit back and relax, and here we go . .

Comments

  1. I know we will enjoy any creation you make. I am so looking forward to this~~~~~~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing all your cool and original creations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts